Book a Tattoo IN THE BAY AREA 11/6 & 11/7
BROOKLYN BOOKS ARE CLOSED UNTIL 10/1/19. CHICAGO GUEST SPOT IS FULL
ABOUT ME: I’m em. I’ve been tattooing for 10 years and have spent many years as a fine artist, graphic designer, and counselor. I normally tattoo in Brooklyn, NY.
I will be visiting Diving Swallow Tattoo in Oakland, CA on 11/6 and 11/7/2019. I will be taking one 4-5 appointment each day at noon and will be working in black ink only. This is enough time to work on a half arm sleeve, front or back of thigh piece, partial back or chest piece (about 8”x10”). View my most recent work on instagram.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure you want to book a tattoo and are ready to cover a deposit before submitting this request. Deposit is $300. This deposit goes towards your tattoo cost.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for a response to your request. Please do not follow up with us. We will send out offers for large/early appointments first, then once those deposits are submitted, smaller tattoos will receive offers. If I can’t accommodate your request, you will still receive a response.
+ TATTOO TIME/PRICE ESTIMATOR (click to open)
THESE APPROXIMATE TIME/PRICE ESTIMATES ARE FOR BLACK INK TATTOOS. Exact estimates aren't possible because some tattoos take longer than others for reasons outside of our control.
- For tattoos that require lots of detailing, such as snake scales or feathers, double the time listed for the detailed area (x2).
- For full color or fully blacked-out tattoos, triple the time listed (x3). For partial color, only consider those areas.
- For areas where your skin is stretchy, such as the ribs or upper back, double the time (x2).
- Notice a subject limit on each item. This is the limit of objects you can include.
- 4"x4"/PALM SIZED TATTOO: 1 hour & a limit of 2 subjects
- 8"x4"/HAND SIZED TATTOO: 2 hours & a limit of 3 subjects
- 8"x7"/SHOULDER CAP OR UPPER CHEST TATTOO: 3-5 hours & a limit of 5 subjects
- 9"x12"/QUARTER SLEEVE OR THIGH TATTOO: 4-6 hours & a limit of 6 subjects
- SIMPLE HALF SLEEVE: 5-7 hours & a limit of 6 subjects
- DETAILED HALF SLEEVE: 8-10 hours & a limit of 8 subjects
- SIMPLE FULL SLEEVE: 12-14 hours & a limit of 10 subjects
- DETAILED FULL SLEEVE: 15-22 hours & a limit of 12 subjects
- FULL FRONT OR BACK PIECE: 10-22 hours & a limit of 12 subjects
Unless you are visiting town, tattoos longer than 5 hours will be divided into several sessions with a minimum of 2 week healing periods between. You will be scheduled for the next appointment at the end of your first.