Em16 Tattoos is a luxury private tattoo studio in Bedstuy, Brooklyn, NYC, by appointment only. We are committed to maintaining a safe space: feminist, anti-racism, queer-friendly, and body-positive. We also offer optional vegan tattoo procedures. Read customer testimonies on Yelp and view more of our work on instagram.
EMAIL IS OUR PREFERRED FORM OF CONTACT. If you have a concern that needs to be discussed by telephone, please email your artist with your number and a time to contact you.
1193 Atlantic Ave, #2D, Brooklyn, NY 11216 (Bed-stuy/Crown Heights border). Come to second floor and make a left. Door is normally left unlocked during business hours, but if it is not, please buzz floor 2. It is difficult to hear the buzzer, so you may have to hold it down or try the offices on floor 3.
Trains: 5 minute walk from the A/C subway to Nostrand Ave, LIRR to Nostrand. 2/3/G trains are a 15-20 minute walk.
SINCE THE STUDIO IS SMALL, WE HAVE A LIMIT OF 1 GUEST PER CLIENT AND ASK THAT YOU DO NOT EAT MEALS IN THE STUDIO.
Deposit Terms Agreement
A nonrefundable deposit secures your appointment. A deposit is the only way of assuring an artist protection against losing all of their income due to a cancellation and allows them to keep their small business running. Thanks for understanding.
- Your deposit will be applied to the cost of your tattoo fee for your final appointment.
- You have until 7 days prior to that date to change your appointment and apply this deposit to a new date. Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will require a new deposit. You may reschedule up to 2 times per tattoo. On the third occurrence, you must submit a new deposit to cover admin costs.
- Your deposit is non-refundable once submitted. If you change your mind, cancel your appointment, or don't show up, there will be no return of any portion of it. It will cover time spent scheduling, drawing, and will cover the spot if we are not able to find someone to fill it.
- If you are late for your appointment, you will be charged starting 20 minutes after the time of you appointment (if your appointment is at 6pm, the clock will start at 6:20).
- You will be considered a 'no-show' and your deposit will not be refunded if you are 30 or more minutes late for your appointment time. If you have an emergency, you are expected to contact your tattooer whenever possible.